From the time your dog enters our facility until you take him or her home, we take care of them like they are our own, and they are! Our great volunteers keep their kennels clean, multiple times each day. They get out to play in our large outdoor yards, and they get to go on walks every day! Some even go through training and get titled as AKC Canine Good Citizens!
When you adopt a dog from us she/he will:
- Be Spayed or Neutered
- Be up to date on all vaccines including rabies
- Have been regularly de-wormed
- Have tested negative for Heartworms.
- Have been microchipped and registered with Found Animals.
- Receive Frontline treatments for fleas as necessary
- And they receive any veterinary care, including surgeries, that they need
When you adopt a puppy from us she/he will have been raised in a home environment with one of puppy foster families. They will have been socialized to people and children, often other dogs, maybe cats. Before going home all of our puppies will:
Have at least their first two puppy shots for parvo and distemper as well as other common illnesses.
Be wormed if appropriate
Had a health check at 6-8 weeks with our veterinarians at the Ashland Animal Medical Hospital
At 5- 6 months we will ensure through our veterinarians that they receive:
- All their adult vaccines including rabies
- Dewormed if necessary
- Tested for Heartworms.
- Receive a microchip and be registered with Found Animals
- And they will be spayed or neutered by our veterinarian or the adopting family provides Rescue Ranch with proof of spay neuter from their own veterinarian.