Thank you For Adopting!
Click on the drop down menus below to see the dogs, and to learn more about adopting from Rescue Ranch. Please meet the dogs before applying.
Name: Beau Age: 2.5 Breed: Mini Australian Shepherd I currently live in Medford Oregon. Last August 2019, we helped out a co-worker with re-homing their red merle Australian shepherd. The situation at the time was to foster him; we did not know if we would be able to keep him; we at least wanted to…
Name: Blue Age: 8 months Breed: Australian Kelpie I currently live in Anderson California. Blue is a purebred australian kelpie. He is fixed, current on vaccinations, and micro-chipped though the microchip has not been fully activated yet. (we have the activation card and instructions) He was originally bred to be a cattle dog. He then…
Name: Weasel Age: 3 years Breed: Pit-terrier-mix I currently live in Portland Oregon. Meet Weasel: She is a spayed, 3 year old pit-terrier-mix who is up-to-date on all vaccinations including having a certificate of rabies vaccine. She loves: – snuggling up on the floor – playing chase outside – gnawing on a stick or chew…
Name: Bishop Age: 2 years Breed: Australian Cattle Dog I currently live in Santa MOnica California. Bishop is a two year old Australian cattle dog. His energy levels fit the bread. We often go on 5-8 miles runs and within an hours he is ready to go again. HE LOVES TO RUN 🙂 He was…
Name: Arlo Age: 4 year Breed: Mixed Pit Bull I currently live in Medford Oregon. Arlo is a 3 year old Pit Bull mixed breed. Weighs about 45 lbs. Adopted by us when he was 6-8 weeks old. He was fixed upon adoption. Deeply loved little puppy Please contact the owner directly at (541) 613-5544…
Name: Baloo Age: Born 5/11/17 Breed: Newfie 3/4 and Great Pyrenees 1/4 I currently live in Palo Cedro (Redding area) California. Baloo was born on 5/11/17. He is Newfie 3/4 and Great Pyrenees 1/4. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He is truly a gentle giant. He is the sweetest and…
Name: Saphria Age: 3 Breed: Lab mix I currently live in Redding California. She has micro-chip and is spaded owners are unable to keep her. She is a amazing dog. Please contact the owner directly at (530) 722-8587 Blackkim28@yahoo.com The dog you see above is a local owner surrender. The dog is not a Rescue…
Name: Isabella Age: 4 yr old Breed: Doberman I currently live in Southern California and Yreka California. This dog will really start to love you, and want to be with you all of the time. The good qualities are that she is extremely quiet, loves the couch, loves to go in the car, and there…
We take pride in thoroughly taking care of our dogs!
From the time your dog enters our facility until you take him or her home, we take care of them like they are our own, and they are! Our great volunteers keep their kennels clean, multiple times each day. They get out to play in our large outdoor yards, and they get to go on walks every day! Some even go through training and get titled as AKC Canine Good Citizens!
When you adopt a dog from us she/he will:
- Be Spayed or Neutered
- Be up to date on all vaccines including rabies
- Have been regularly de-wormed
- Have tested negative for Heartworms.
- Have been microchipped and registered with Found Animals.
- Receive Frontline treatments for fleas as necessary
- And they receive any veterinary care, including surgeries, that they need
When you adopt a puppy from us she/he will have been raised in a home environment with one of puppy foster families. They will have been socialized to people and children, often other dogs, maybe cats. Before going home all of our puppies will:
Have at least their first two puppy shots for parvo and distemper as well as other common illnesses.
Be wormed if appropriate
Had a health check at 6-8 weeks with our veterinarians at the Ashland Animal Medical Hospital
At 5- 6 months we will ensure through our veterinarians that they receive:
- All their adult vaccines including rabies
- Dewormed if necessary
- Tested for Heartworms.
- Receive a microchip and be registered with Found Animals
- And they will be spayed or neutered by our veterinarian or the adopting family provides Rescue Ranch with proof of spay neuter from their own veterinarian.
Come visit our shelter and meet the dogs!
Once you have found that special dog, you will:
- Fill out Dog Adoption Application On Line version OR (call (530) 842-0829 for print or email version).
- Since we think of these dogs as our own pets, we have a policy to make sure our dogs are going to a safe home, one of our representatives will do a home visit. If out of the Siskiyou County area we can easily make other arrangements.
- Our adoption donation is $195.00.
- We are always available by phone or schedule a time with us for you and your dog if you have special training needs or follow-up questions about starting your life with your new family member. Our goal is to help families learn to communicate and develop life-long bonds with their dogs.
Puppy adoptions are similar to our dog adoptions however they require a 6-month commitment between the adopting family and Rescue Ranch. We strive for the very best care of our puppies and starting them off right with the best of health care is important. We also require that all of our puppies are spayed or neutered at 6 months of age. The $295.00 adoption donation for our puppies reflects our commitment to our puppies and to the adopting families. Every puppy will receive all of their puppy shots, wormed as necessary and a health check at 8-10 weeks. After they have been adopted we will contact you when they are about 6 months of age to arrange their follow-up medical needs. At that time they will receive a rabies shot, be heartworm tested, microchipped, and we will arrange a spay/neuter with our vet.
- Dogs 8 years and older qualify for $50 discount
- If you are a veteran, a senior or disabled you qualify for a $50 discount
More questions? Please e-mail email@example.com
If able, please meet the dogs before applying for adoption.
Then follow the link below to apply!
All applications are processed within 5-7 business days.
Applications are not first come first serve, but instead based on best fit for you and the dog.
If you have any further questions, comments, or feedback on the adoption process please contact us.