The Rescue Ranch Foster Program
Rescue Ranch began its foster care program in October 2015 to help dogs with various special needs and/or to help with overflow from the shelter.
The Foster Program Coordinator determines which dogs are most in need of foster care. As an approved foster parent, you’ll receive emails from the Foster Program Coordinator providing a brief description of those dogs most in need of foster care. When you see a dog that might be a good match for your household and lifestyle, you simply contact Rescue Ranch to get the fostering process started.
Rescue Ranch will provide you with all the necessary supplies and medical support for your foster dog, support you throughout the entire process until your foster finds their new family, and will be available to address any questions or concerns.
What kind of dogs need foster homes?
- Neglected or abused dogs need extra TLC.
- Injured dogs and/or those recovering from surgery.
- Dogs suffering from “shelter stress” who need of a calm home environment.
- Older or senior dogs that will be more comfortable in a home environment.
- Puppies and young dogs need to experience what it means to live in home, and when they are very young the shelter ebvironment is too stressfor them.
- Puppies too young and/or immature to be adopted.
- Pregant dogs and abandoned mothers with puppies.
- Other special needs dogs.
- Any dog when the shelter becomes overcrowded.
- Learn More about Our Foster Program
- Review the Fostering Guide
- Apply for the Foster Program
- Join our Mailing List
- Join the Facebook Group
Questions? Please email [email protected]