Age: 8 years
Breed: Border Collie/Airedale mix
I currently live in Portland (but we will transport her anywhere between Bellingham and Portland Oregon.
Mahalo (aka “Girlfriend!”) is eight-years old. Mahalo is a very smart and a very sensitive border collie/terrier mix. But she’s a nervous pup, and she gets very protective and fearful when unfamiliar people come to her home.
Mahalo needs someone who wants to snuggle and love her and work with her to overcome some of her anxiousness. Mahalo’s trainer and her prospective dog walker both agree that Mahalo is more than capable but needs some patience and attention and a home setting conducive to her flourishing.
Mahalo is very sensitive and loving. She’s very good around other dogs (they used to call her the “dog whisperer” at the Kauai Humane Society), but sometimes Mahalo gets a little bullied at the dog park. She adores women with dogs – they are her favorite humans. She is terrified of young people on skateboards or scooters.
I won’t go into how very sad we are to give her up. She is the sweetest and brightest pet I have ever had. Someone will be so lucky to have Mahalo, and we will do everything we can to help you welcome her into your home.
• Mahalo is good with cats – knows her place in the pecking order of species
• We don’t know about kids – she’s just never been around them (no skateboards or scooters)
• She is crate trained (loves it)
• She is good on a leash, though could be better (she isn’t keen on men until she gets to know them)
• She likes the car if it becomes familiar to her.
Please contact the owner directly at (206) 979-6815
The dog you see above is a local owner surrender.
The dog is not a Rescue Ranch dog and is not currently at Rescue Ranch.